The third and final son of Peter Staple and Elizabeth Beadle, James was born in 1678 in Kittery.
James married Mary Tetherly (daughter of William Tetherly) on 15 Apr 1701.
James and Mary’s children were:
- Elizabeth b 24 Mar 1701-2; m. John Tobey
- James b. 3 Apr 1704; m. Dorcas Libby
- William b. 12 Feb 1705; m. Elizabeth Jones
- Samuel b. 13 Mar 1707-8; m. Elizabeth Sawyer.
- Mary b. 17 Oct 1710; m. Timothy Richardson Oct 1738
- Joseph b. 7 Jul 1713; m. Sarah Shores
- Katharine b. 30 Apr 1716; m. John Fernald (of Portsmouth) 18 Nov 1738
- Abigail b. 21 Aug 1720; m. Azariah Nason
James was 40 years old when his father Peter passed away in Kittery.
Family records indicate that James was a tailor and James is documented to be one of the first two Deacons of the Second Parish Church in Kittery.
James died in 1725, when he was only 47 years old.
- Stackpole, Everett S. Old Kittery and Her Families, pg. 752. Lewiston, Me.: Press of Lewistown Journal Co., 1903.
- Wikitree.com, James Staples (abt. 1678 – abt. 1726), https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Staples-375#_note-0 [proper sourcing needed]
- One-barton-family.us, Deacon James Staples, http://www.one-barton-family.us/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I6447&tree=db
- Clayton, W. Woodford, History of York County, Maine: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of It’s Prominent Men and Pioneers, pg. 410. Philadelphia, PA: Everts & Peck., 1880.