The Admins of the PSHG wish you and yours a Happy New Year!
As holidays and family celebrations wind down, we transition back into our normal routines – and maybe add a goal or two for the new year. Now is a good opportunity to reflect on the Group’s Goals and consider ways to progress.
- Continue to locate [distant] cousins of the three sons of Peter Staple: Peter Jr., John and James…
- …and cousins in England…
- …who will help identify the location of his ancestral home.
- Goal #1 – The group currently has 13 Full Members, 2 Full Members on the Memorial Honor Roll, 3 Associate Members, and two potential members currently in the application process.
- Goal #2 – To date, we have not been able to locate any cousins in England who are related to the PSHG in the surname era. This is one goal that will require some effort. PSHG Members – New Ideas are welcome! Contact an Admin.
- Goal #3 – This is our Holy Grail and remains just as elusive.
I’m excited to announce some new Pages to the PSHG web site! I’ve just launched the ‘Ancestral Account‘ page – starting with Art’s presentation of what we know about Peter Staple. I hope to add more Ancestor (or even Descendant) profile pages over the course of 2018. The pages are intended to be dual purpose: 1) add some stories (based on genealogical facts) that give life to our Ancestors (always welcome since the study of genetic genealogy can get a little dry), and 2) increase the PSHG presence on the web. The more content that can be found via web searches, the greater chance of success we have in advancing in all three goals.
I hope you enjoy the new pages and the additional dimension it brings to the site. If you have interesting, fact-based stories on the descendants of Peter Staple, please Comment below or contact an admin!
Thanks and Best Wishes in 2018!